My unlist summer list....


Friends...
summer is here.
Kids are all out of school.
The littles that I babysit are back under the care of their school teacher parent...
We are free to be free.


With one week of practice summer vacation (we were still babysitting) under our belt...
we are ready for the real deal. 


Last year we did the mighty "summer to do list"...it was on the frig...big and bright.
Every time I opened or walked by the home of all things tasty...it stared at me.
I swear it even blinked.
As the summer pressed on...it started to talk to me...taunting me about what was undone still.
Around August 15th it started yelling at me.
I felt anxiety looking at it.
I felt like I was a mom failure.
So much still not done.
Not enough time.
AGGGHHHH.


So this year I am doing things differently.
No cute list on a stylish chalk board.
I brainstormed with another mom about POSSIBILITIES for summer...OPTIONS.
Categorized them as things like "crafts, adventures, thoughtfulness day, learning, family work day (oh ya...kids are gonna love me)."
We will make a "book" with mine and the kids ideas in it that we can reference...see what strikes our fancy for that day.

We will ON PURPOSE do a little less. 

And on that note...I must now go get my  super sexy wet suit on (just kidding...kind of) to go to the pool. 


2 comments:

  1. i love it! i had dreams of a fancy list this Summer... but alas, i have decided not to let my list mock me this year. so i'm just not making one. or, like you, i think we'll just make a losse one. i love these flowers, gorgeousness. happy summer, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped over to peek at my future photography clients!
    Scrolled to the bottom of the page, and your entire blog is filled with little girl adorableness. All I know is little boy adorableness and it's much dirtier and not so pink.
    Hope your summer has been all you hoped for!
    Teresa
    :)

    ReplyDelete