A letter to my husband...


Dear Husband,
  I was just thinking about you today...you in your far away office, me in my cozy kitchen.  I had a burrito that knocked my socks off for lunch today.  You would have had your's with super hot sauce, minus the avocado, extra cilantro and inhaled it in about two bites to my 15 small ones.

I was thinking about the fact that you were on my mind as I was making my burrito.  You weren't here, I didn't need to prepare you any lunch but you have infiltrated my simplest of thoughts...like what to put on a burrito.

I know that in the beginning you had to work really hard to make me your girl.  Really hard.  I shouldn't have made you work so hard or wait so long.  Deal is I just didn't know that you were what I needed.  But I know now.  I am so very glad I didn't pass up this experience of being your partner in this life...that I said, "why yes I would like to eat breakfast with you every morning for as long as we both shall live, thank you very much."

We both have some serious deficits to our humaness...some areas to work on.  Just as you patiently waited all those years ago, you continue to patiently wait for me to craft a life of good...good to my husband...good to my kids...good to my loved ones...good to my friends and beyond.

You let me be enough in all my nowness...

You willingly experience all of it...just like you will eat my sweet potato soup tonight and not complain even though I know it isn't your favorite.

Maybe I should make you an apple pie as a sweet reward for all the "waiting" and the "patients" this life with me has accumulated.

I love your goodness my husband dear.  Come home and kiss me soon,

Your Wife


2 comments:

  1. awwww super sweet :) I too bribe/ reward my husband with sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this... and I love you... and I love him, too :-) You guys are so good together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete