So I was getting my hair made to look like I'm younger than I really am (colored) yesterday and I had the nicest conversation with my hair stylist. We had been talking about my kids and husband and I asked her if she was married or had any kids. She said she wasn't and didn't. She was currently taking a break from a three year relationship, trying to decide what the next step for her life would be. We talked men and dating and I told her that the man I married was not originally what I thought I wanted, but was EXACTLY what I needed.
She looked at me kind of surprised, I was kind of surprised by my own words to be honest. It was a sentence that somehow isn't and yet is flattering all at the same time. I told her my husband has turned out to be the very best decision I have ever made without even really trying. He never gives up on me. Every single night he comes back home to me. He just won't quit. I'm quite sure he doesn't like me very much at times while still loving me. Sometimes I don't give him a lot of reasons to be in love with me. But he just won't stop. Sometimes I'm hard on him and he keeps coming back for more. I'm his girl. His number one lady. He KNOWS me and still likes me. He has seen me do and say some pretty ugly things and still thinks I'm pretty inside and out. He extends a kind of grace to me that I sometimes have a hard time extending to others. But he continues to offer it to me.
Today I am feeling humbled as I think about the man that I got and didn't even know I wanted. Clearly there is a larger, smarter, more powerful source working in my life than my own capabilities. We are both far from perfect...that's never what you look for in a person anyways. But his ability to keep coming back to MY imperfections day after day brings me to my knees in thankfulness. That EVERY girl... should be... as lucky as me.

too sweet <3
ReplyDeleteThis seriously brought tears to my eyes... Right in the middle of Lowes. Where I happened to be reading this post. No, people, I'm not crazy... I just have the mist incredibly gifted friend... Who just writes from her heart- and its beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteYep, there's alot of luck involved alright.
ReplyDeleteBut on the other hand, we do make our own luck to a certain extent don't we?
Valley Girl, you have a beautiful blog! I found you in Teresa's blog over at Meadowbrook. You wrote a comment right before me and I liked what you said, so I came over to see who you are, and yep I like your blog, especially this post. : )
ReplyDeleteJulie